Tuesday, April 15, 2008

MAC staples replenished!

Ok..so I realized I hate lengthy post and am placing my reviews in 2 different post)

MAC #30 lashes..the individuals..I absolutely am the WORST with individual lashes!!They turn inwards, do not stay put,etc.. however, I love these! I placed them on my outer lashes and the flutter was just perfect..I'm still not a pro but it definitely helps me to use my fingers (as though I am making the "ok" signal to pick them up with my thumb and index finger and then wedge them into the lash line

Duo adhesive..I lost my adhesive somewhere in my pounds of makeup..love this for my lashes and I have heard that it is great for adhering glitter reflects to the skin..DO NOT GET THIS IN YOUR EYES...I was rushing to work one day trying to put on my strip lashes..used too much glue..and it got in my eyes, it burns WORSE than the strongest soap..wow..

#227 brush..this brush is so soft!!It is my new favorite for my browbone(normally I use the 275 brush on my browbone highlight and then blend it out with a #224) however I find that the 227 gives a softer more blended finish, especially with my most favorite highlight shadow MAC Vanilla (it looks a bit harsh on the brow bone when it is not blended down well..the #227 has already become a time saver!! who wants to spend all day blending?!?!?)

brush cleanser..a necessity if you want to prevent pizza face (MAC is it asking too much to make a LARGER bottle of this?!?I go thru 2 bottles in about a week in a half!!)

MAC browpencil in Lingering..the last time I needed Lingering, the makeup artist at MAC talked me into buying the brow duo with browning and porcelaine..while I like them alot, I find that my primers and moisturizer end up on my brows,thus creating a wet #266 which I sometimes redip in the brow color and thus created a hard spot where bacteria has hit the color..I had to make a mental note to wipe my brush on a tissue before redipping to get residue off)..Lingering creates the perfect arched, defined brow..it looks sexy and sharp..woo..glad to have it back!!

Heatherette duo eyepencil in black funk/pop blue..this is the darkest black shadow I have EVER used..normally,when I use smolder(which was replaced by blacktrack fluidline) over a pink shadow like Swish, the liner would turn blue/purple which is complimentary to the Swish,but it is not the color I want..black funk is perfect!!!

Prep and Prime Skin..my makeup is not complete without this..it has mulberry root in it which diminishes redness in the skin (I have a TON of red in my skin and this is just heaven to tone it down).It also helps smooth my acne prone skin and diminish my pores..In case you are wondering, I have tried Smashbox photofinish primer and while I loved its silky feel, my face was slick and oily..I wasnt able to run out of the house with just the primer and my moisturizer..icky face...but stay tuned, at Sephora I was give a deluxe sample of the newest Sephora primer which was made for oily skin types

Ample Pink plushglass..I love plushglasses..wish the tingle lasted longer..this color is perfect over peachstock lipstick in addition to twig and 40s Pink..this reminds me of an old MAC lipglass I use to love that has since been discontinued, what was it called??!?gah..not Prr..not Desire..ugh..its slipping me..

I also picked up Eversun beauty powder blush...ooooooooooooOOOOooooo, this is perfect for a mock sunkissed glow, nice texture, would I buy again?No, it reminds me a bit of Coppertone blush without the shimmer

Fix Plus...another must have in my life...I use it as a moisturizer, to set my makeup and to mix for a wet shimmery shadow look.

1 comment:

MakeupByRenRen said...

i love the 227...i've never seen another brush like it...so much MAC, so little money :(