Monday, April 7, 2008

Hey...

So..you randomly landed on my blog and you think you know where my blogtitle came from, but to quote the fabulously entertaining MTV, "you think you know, but you have no idea."

I can easily say that I was born with a tube lipstick in my hands and glitter running thru my veins on March 2,1981. For awhile, I could never figure out where my beauty obsession started. My mother is and always has been a woman of natural beauty, sometimes upping her game with red lipstick, blusher and eyeliner...and thats about it...

It stems from my grandmother..a Blanche Devareaux of sorts (and if you dont know who Blanche Devareaux is, shame on you)..a foxy lady..she still puts her hair in rollers every night and ties her hair up with a scarf. She puts on her rouge, blusher, shadow, mascara and lipstick everyday. Her nails are always painted and her eyebrows always arched..dressed to the nines, always accentuating her tiny waist with a chic belt...

and then there is my older sister, in her teens, she went to modelling school..she learned how to do makeup and how to pose..which explains why her photos are always top notch. I was always taking her foundation (wrong color..just wrong!!!) and Revlon colorstay lipstick to work it out.Ugh, dont even get me started on how my blush looked as a teen...wow...

In addition to my beauty mavens, quite alot of my family works for Revlon in North Carolina. My uncle actually mixes the lipsticks in the huge vats..how cool is that?!?He always had something for me to try:)

So..I toodle off to college. I had known since the age of 10 that I wanted to go away to college. What I didnt know/realize just how much I loved makeup and how happy it made women feel. I did makeup on friends and they thought I had a knack for it. I continued to try any and everything and realized that in addition to wanting to have my degree that I wanted my makeup artist license!

I did things a bit backwards..I applied with M.A.C cosmetics..my dream line and they hired me!!I could not believe it and spent many months working for them feeling self conscious and grateful. I tell you, a cosmetics counter is the best place to learn and grow..you are almost paid to practice!!

2 years after leaving M.A.C I went to school for make-up artistry, I wanted to be taken seriously and have state accredidation:) I went, I learned, I applied and I am licensed...thus my journey began...

welcome to my blog...I hope to teach those of you dropping in something and learn alot more along the way:)

2 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

hey thanks so much for stopping by my page, you really know your stuff...can't wait to learn from you! i had a question...do you recommend any cream shadows or primers for mature skin? right now i just use bases such as UDPP, paint pots, paints, and don't really have any cream shadows. any other tips you can think of? i'm def going to look into that ikea chair!

Fluidity said...

yes, i did randomly come across your blog and that post was an interesting read! i'm new to blogspot too and i can't wait to read your posts and learn new things! :)